Product Strategist, Team Learning
Designlab is looking for an experienced strategist to join our team and help us create high-impact learning experiences for design teams.
We're a nimble, product-driven team focused on building the best experience in the world for creative skills training, and thousands of students across the globe have already advanced their skills and changed careers with our help. Our mission is to empower creators to do the work they love, and this extends to our internal philosophy of how we work. Thanks to our best-in-class products with rave reviews, we’ve built a passionate community of students, mentors and alumni.
In this Product Strategist role, your primary responsibility will be to validate and lead the development of new 0 to 1 learning products for use by designers on design teams. This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity to help make a real difference in the lives of designers and design organizations worldwide. This is a contract-to-hire position, with the opportunity to ramp into a full-time role as validation milestones are met.
Sound interesting? Read on to see if the role is a good fit for you!
- Have expertise in creating products for learning, especially 0 to 1 products for both B2B and B2C communities
- Ground your product decision-making in the right qualitative and quantitative data
- Have demonstrated experience in building and shipping high-quality learning experiences with measurable impact
- Love the thought of partnering with engineering, UX design, learning experience design, growth, and our mentor and student community to create exceptional products
- Are savvy about what good product development looks like
- Have exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Have strong organizational skills, work ethic, and attention to detail
- Are excited about working on the future of UX design education with a small, talented, mission-driven team
- Conducting research and customer development activities with designers and design managers to validate product opportunities
- Identifying product opportunities and translating them into lightweight experiments and prioritized roadmaps
- Establishing OKRs, curricular strategy, business strategy, and financial planning to help drive new business lines
- Enabling cross-functional teams to execute on roadmap priorities that support new business lines
- Leading the development, launch, and improvement of new 0 to 1 products and platform extensions to support them
- Demonstrating the impact of what we build on key product and business metrics
- 5+ years experience working on customer development for new 0 to 1 products
- 5+ years experience working on educational technology products in a B2B context
- You have experience in creating team- and cohort-based learning experiences
- Strong skills in partnering with cross-functional teams to deliver software and services-based product improvements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work remotely with high speed internet access
- You have previous experience creating and delivering learning products for the UX design space
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Team is 100% remote, work where you want
- Flexible hours, working mostly in US time zones (ET/PT)
- Generous paid vacation policy
- Health & retirement benefits
- Choose your own Mac setup
- Work with a talented, mission-driven team on a product that’s innovating in the online education space with thousands of paying customers around the world
At Designlab, we know that building a diverse, equitable and inclusive team empowers our community to achieve beyond the ordinary. We are committed to celebrating our differences as they are core to ensuring that our journey is both unique and powerful.