Senior UX/UI Designer
Full Time, Remote
Designlab is looking for a Senior UX/UI Designer to join our team and help us take our industry-leading UX Academy bootcamp and learning platform to the next level.
We're a nimble, product-driven team focused on building the best experience in the world for creative skills training, and thousands of students across the globe have already advanced their skills and changed careers with our help. Our mission is to empower creators to do the work they love, and this extends to our internal philosophy of how we work. Thanks to our best-in-class product with rave reviews, we’ve built a passionate community of students, mentors and alumni.
In this Senior UX/UI Designer role, you will envision, ship, and iterate on the design of products that have meaningful impact for our learning community and business. This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity to help make a real difference in the lives of UX designers worldwide.
Sound interesting? Read on to see if the role is a good fit for you!
- Have demonstrated experience in owning the complete design of an entire software product
- Love the thought of partnering with product management, engineering, learning experience design, growth, and our mentor and student community to create exceptional products
- Enjoy both improving existing products and proving out new 0 to 1 products and features from scratch
- Are savvy about what good product design looks like, helping others to maintain a high quality bar for what we ship
- Design inclusive, simple, and beautiful interfaces
- Use different design fidelities and deliverables to explore ideas and move through the design process elegantly
- Ground your product decision-making in the right qualitative and quantitative data
- Value and respect your teammates and people you design for, creating mutually beneficial solutions
- Build strong relationships within the product team and with our cross-functional partners
- Show up with a positive and proactive attitude
- Have exceptional verbal and written communication skills, backing up your communication with facts, figures, and reasoning
- Inspire trust in you and your work
- Identify learning opportunities, commit to them, and keep learning
- Have strong organizational skills, work ethic, and attention to detail
- Are excited about working on the future of UX design education with a small, talented, mission-driven team
- Lead projects and initiatives to analyze data, conduct user research, and identify product opportunities
- Develop design hypotheses for complete 0 to 1 products and product features
- Create site maps, app maps, task flows, and other deliverables to establish the information architecture of complete digital products
- Translate your IA/UX recommendations into well-crafted high-fidelity user interface screens, animations, and prototypes
- Validate your design hypotheses through generative and evaluative research and other methods
- Work closely with cross-functional product teams to build, polish, ship, and iterate on your design recommendations
- Demonstrate the impact of your design work on key product and business metrics
- Work with cross-functional partners to create design-related OKRs and prioritize our design backlog
- Mentor and grow the talent on our design team
- Provide feedback on other designers’ work to ensure it meets our team’s quality bar
- Maintain and extend our design systems for use across the team
- Work with your design peers and across teams to achieve goals no one could have done alone
- 5+ years of experience working as a UX/UI designer, ideally working with or on in-house product design teams
- Strong skills in partnering with cross-functional teams to deliver software and services-based product improvements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Mastery of product design tools such as Figma, Framer, Mural, and Whimsical
- Ability to work remotely with high speed internet access
- Your application must include a link to a portfolio of work examples that help us understand your design approach
- Experience working on EdTech and/or employment-related products
- Have transitioned into design through a bootcamp-style course in the design space (such as UX Academy)
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Team is 100% remote, work where you want
- Flexible hours, working mostly in US time zones (EST/PST)
- Generous paid vacation policy
- Health & retirement benefits
- Choose your own Mac setup
- Work with a talented, mission-driven team on a product that’s innovating in the online education space with thousands of paying customers around the world
How to apply
Apply by clicking the button below.
We’ll contact you within 2 weeks of your application to let you know whether you’re moving forward to an interview.
At Designlab, we know that building a diverse, equitable and inclusive team empowers our community to achieve beyond the ordinary. We are committed to celebrating our differences as they are core to ensuring that our journey is both unique and powerful.