UX/UI Learning Content Creator
Designlab is looking for a UX/UI Learning Content Creator to join our team and help us take our industry-leading UX Academy bootcamp and learning platform to the next level.
We're a nimble, product-driven team focused on building the best experience in the world for creative skills training, and thousands of students across the globe have already advanced their skills and changed careers with our help. Our mission is to empower creators to do the work they love, and this extends to our internal philosophy of how we work. Thanks to our best-in-class product with rave reviews, we’ve built a passionate community of students, mentors and alumni.
In this role, you'll write and support in the production of high-quality, asynchronous learning materials for our flagship program, UX Academy. Working independently and collaboratively, you will tackle short-form projects that teach skills in user interface design, and software such as Figma, Adobe XD, and Webflow. Project outcomes will include video tutorials, written articles, how-to guides, case studies, and evaluative assessments. The learning content creator will be responsible for researching topics, writing educational content and materials, and revising those materials based on feedback from other teammates and target audiences.
Sound interesting? Read on to see if the role is a good fit for you!
- Have demonstrated experience in writing high-quality content with measurable impact for learners
- Are savvy about what good learning content looks like, with a sound understanding of instructional and pedagogical principles
- Have expertise in creating educational materials focused on user interface design and commonly used UX/UI design tools and software
- Ground your content in both desk research and outreach to industry professionals, design mentors, and external experts
- Have exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Have strong organizational skills, work ethic, and attention to detail
- Love the thought of partnering with learning experience design, UX design, engineering, growth, and our mentor and student community to create a best-in-class learning experience
- Are excited about working on the future of UX design education with a small, talented, mission-driven team
- Own and deliver well-written and edited instructional content for Designlab's courses on topics related to user interface design, design tools and software, and prototyping
- Work alongside other teammates on the Learning Experience Design team to best meet the needs and learning styles of your students
- Manage your own backlog of instructional content needs, regularly communicating progress, priorities, and milestones
- 3+ years of experience writing/producing instructional content in user interface design with fluency in some or all of the following topics: the UX design process, wireframing and prototyping, visual design principles, iconography and vector graphics, color and accessibility, typography, responsive design, and usability testing
- A high-quality portfolio to showcasing your UI skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong research and synthesis skills
- Experience and comfort working with deadlines and competing priorities
- Strong skills in partnering with cross-functional teams to deliver quality instructional content
- Ability to work remotely with high speed internet access
Not required, but nice to have
- Experience with screencasting and leading live instruction via webcam
- Understanding of how to make data-driven design decisions
- Competitive hourly rate
- Team is 100% remote, work where you want
- Flexible hours, working mostly in US time zones (EST/PST)
- Work with a talented, mission-driven team on a product that’s innovating in the online education space with thousands of paying customers around the world
How to apply
Apply by clicking the button below
We’ll contact you to let you know whether we’re moving forward with your application within 2 weeks.
At Designlab, we know that building a diverse, equitable and inclusive team empowers our community to achieve beyond the ordinary. We are committed to celebrating our differences as they are core to ensuring that our journey is both unique and powerful.