During this tutorial, Designlab mentor Kieran Black discusses which UX/UI tools you should use in 2020. These are the tools most relevant to today’s UX/UI designers.
This tutorial is perfect for you if you’re interested in getting started in UX/UI design, or if you have prior knowledge of UX/UI design but want to explore these tools further.
Here are some timings in case you want to skip ahead:
- 3:30 UX/UI design tools of the trade (Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD)
- 8:40 Looking back at the last 3 years of UX/UI tools usage
- 19:20 Where UX/UI design tools are going in the future
- 29:40 What UX/UI designers do now to prepare for the future
- 34:20 Q&A
Kieran answers these audience questions in the Q&A:
- Would you recommend learning to code in addition to UX/UI design?
- Which tool is best for creating animations?
- Which tool is best for user testing?
- Do UX/UI designers need to know how to use Adobe Illustrator?
- If you plan to attend UX Academy, what tools do you recommend learning before?
- Do you need statistics knowledge as a UX researcher?