During this tutorial, Designlab mentor Kieran Black explains the tools that you can use for animation in UX/UI design, and what they’re able to do.
Tools discussed include Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, After Effects, Principle, Spirit, ProtoPie, Flinto, Webflow, CodePen, and more.
Here are some timings in case you want to skip ahead:
- 0:00 Intro to Designlab and Kieran
- 2:30 Decision 1: Type of animation
- 8:45 Decision 2: Product lifecycle
- 11:45 Decision 3: Overview of tools
- 27:50 Kieran’s animation workflow
- 31:00 Tool demos + links
- 49:30 Q & A
Here are some of the questions answered during the Q & A:
- What are good ways to learn WebFlow?
- What code knowledge is most essential for UX designers?
- Are key frames and easing the core aspects to get familiar with when designing for motion?
- What animation tools are available for PC?
Ready to continue learning about animations in UX design? Explore our UX Academy program.