During this tutorial, Designlab mentor Kieran Black shares his tips for working remotely as a UX designer.
This tutorial is perfect for you if you’re interested in getting started in UX/UI design, or if you have prior knowledge of UX/UI design but want to explore further what it would be like to work remotely.
Here are some timings in case you want to skip ahead:
- 2:30 Kieran's personal remote work journey
- 4:00 Pros and cons of remote work
- 10:00 Tips for working remotely
- 24:00 How to determine if remote work is for you
- 29:00 Resources for remote work
- 31:15 Q&A
Here are questions Kieran answers during the Q&A:
- Is it okay for brand new UX designers to seek remote work?
- Are there certain platforms you recommend for freelancer UX designers with little to no experience?
- How do you gauge your level of expertise when you have few to no UX designers to compare your skills to?
- How do you determine your value and worth as a UX designer?
- What tools do you recommend for documentation, collaboration, and group facilitation?
- Do you think the digital nomad lifestyle is feasible for a UX designer?