During this tutorial, Designlab mentor Kieran Black explains how to create animations in Figma.
Here are some timings in case you want to skip ahead:
- 5:00 What properties you can animate in Figma
- 11:00 Easing curves
- 16:00 Structural animation
- 20:30 Push animation
- 22:00 Smart animate
- 24:00 Navigation hamburger
- 32:00 Micro animations
- 35:30 Button interactions
- 42:00 Q & A
Here are some of the questions answered during the Q & A:
- What is the difference between motion design and animation design?
- Where do you find inspiration for your micro animations?
- How do you determine the smart animate time period?
- Can you animate within a frame?
- How many companies use Figma?
- What is the animation handoff to development process like?
Ready to continue learning UX design in Figma and other software tools? Explore our UX Academy program.