During this tutorial, Designlab mentor Kieran Black explains how to fit animation into your UX design strategy.
Here are two of Kieran’s top tips to keep in mind when getting started with animation in UX design…
Tip #1: Good animation should be invisible.
Tip #2: Good animation is not trivial and is not a novelty.
Here are some timings in case you want to skip ahead:
- 0:00 Intro of Designlab
- 2:30 Intro from Kieran
- 4:30 What are interactions?
- 8:00 How do animations fit into this interaction model?
- 9:00 12 Basic Principles of Animation
- 12:00 Animation resources
- 12:30 A few tips to get you started
- 21:00 Q&A;
Here are some of the questions answered during the Q & A:
- What are the industry standard tools for animation?
- How do you design good animation for people with disabilities?
- Which apps or websites that utilize animations would you consider having the biggest positive impact on the user experience?
Ready to continue learning about animations in UX design? Explore our UX Academy program.